There are almost countless many benefits to taking your dog to a groomer. A lot of pet owners think they can 'do it themselves' and yes, you can give them a bath in the tub or clip their nails or run a brush over them. It's still not the same as a full out professional grooming your dog! For example:
- We do more than just brush the dog. We'll trim, clean out their ears, express anal glands, give them a good bath, brush, and haircut.
- We are very gentle and will make grooming a fun experience for dogs that are somewhat anxious about being groomed.
- We help get dogs used to having stranger around. In a dogs lifetime there will be various professionals that need to handle the dog. The veterinarian, the veterinary technicians, staff at the boarding place when you go on vacation. The more a dog is used to being handled the safer and fun it is for everyone involved.
- Groomers have their hands all over your pet, so they can alert you to anything unusual they happen to come across during the grooming process (lumps, bumps, injuries, fleas, ticks etc) and recommend appropriate action to take (veterinarian, flea/tick bath, etc). There are times you may have not even noticed some of these things because typical pet owners won't have their hands all over the pet.
- Regular grooming prevents matting. Matting is extremely painful to a dog, so it's imperative that your long-haired and curly coated breeds get groomed/brushed on a regular basis, and yes that means at home too. A groomer can show you tips as well! A double-coated dog such as a Husky or a German Shepherd can greatly benefit from de-shedding treatments a groomer provides.
- Melissa is an award winning groomer and does grooming at Bunk N' Biscuit in Niles, Michigan. Appointments can be made by E-mailing email@example.com